Nestled on the edge of one of the world’s most awe-inspiring natural wonders, Victoria Falls, The Elephant Camp beckons travelers to experience a different kind of luxury—one that harmonizes seamlessly with the environment.
The Elephant Camp, a haven of eco-luxury and elephant encounters, is nestled in a pristine location near Victoria Falls, one of Africa’s most iconic natural landmarks.
The Elephant Camp is situated on the Zimbabwean side of Victoria Falls, offering guests a secluded and serene retreat within the lush and picturesque Victoria Falls National Park. It’s approximately a 20-minute drive from the town of Victoria Falls, making it easily accessible for visitors exploring the region.
Landmark: The Elephant Camp is located in close proximity to the awe-inspiring Victoria Falls, often referred to as “The Smoke that Thunders.” This magnificent waterfall is one of the Seven Natural Wonders of the World and is renowned for its sheer size, breathtaking beauty, and the thunderous roar of cascading water.
Guests at The Elephant Camp have the privilege of experiencing the grandeur of Victoria Falls and embarking on various activities to witness the falls up close, such as guided tours, scenic helicopter flights, and sunset cruises along the Zambezi River. Additionally, the camp offers unique elephant encounters, where guests can learn about and interact with these gentle giants in their natural habitat.
The combination of eco-luxury accommodations, exceptional wildlife experiences, and the proximity to Victoria Falls makes The Elephant Camp an ideal base for exploring this iconic natural landmark and its surrounding natural wonders.
The Elephant Camp, located near Victoria Falls, is renowned for its eco-luxury accommodations and unique elephant encounters. Here’s a brief history and information about its founder:
History:The Elephant Camp was established as a luxurious eco-lodge with a deep commitment to conservation and community upliftment. It is situated within the Victoria Falls National Park in Zimbabwe, offering guests an unparalleled opportunity to experience the breathtaking beauty of the Zambezi Gorges and the Victoria Falls themselves.
The camp’s history is rooted in its dedication to wildlife conservation, particularly elephants, and providing guests with an eco-friendly and luxurious safari experience.
Founder: The Elephant Camp was founded by African Bush Camps, a prominent safari and conservation company in Africa. The company was established by Beks Ndlovu, a passionate conservationist and safari guide with a deep love for the African wilderness. Beks Ndlovu’s vision was to create sustainable and responsible tourism experiences that not only showcase Africa’s natural wonders but also contribute to the preservation of its wildlife and the well-being of local communities.
Under Beks Ndlovu’s leadership, African Bush Camps and The Elephant Camp have become pioneers in eco-tourism, combining luxury with a strong commitment to wildlife conservation and community development. The camp’s unique elephant interactions provide a window into the world of these magnificent creatures, while also supporting their conservation in the wild.
The Elephant Camp’s history and founder reflect its mission to offer guests an unforgettable, eco-friendly luxury experience while making a positive impact on the environment and local communities.
The Elephant Camp, situated near Victoria Falls, offers a blend of eco-luxury and unique elephant encounters. Here are some of the amenities and facilities you can expect to find at this exceptional destination:
- Luxurious Accommodations: The camp provides spacious and elegantly appointed tented suites, each featuring modern amenities, private decks, and breathtaking views of the Batoka Gorge.
- Dining: Guests can enjoy gourmet cuisine prepared with locally sourced ingredients in the dining area, often accompanied by stunning views of the surrounding wilderness.
- Spa and Wellness: The camp offers wellness facilities, including a spa where guests can indulge in a range of treatments and massages while surrounded by the tranquility of the bush.
- Elephant Encounters: The Elephant Camp is known for its close interaction with rescued elephants. Guests can have intimate encounters with these gentle giants, learn about elephant conservation, and even participate in activities like elephant walks and feeding.
- Swimming Pool: A refreshing swimming pool provides a perfect place to relax and cool off while taking in the scenic beauty of the Zambezi River and Batoka Gorge.
- Guided Activities: The camp offers a variety of guided activities such as guided walks, birdwatching, game drives, and visits to Victoria Falls, ensuring guests have a chance to explore the region’s natural wonders.
- Stargazing: The camp’s remote location is ideal for stargazing, and evenings can be spent under the African night sky, learning about constellations and celestial wonders.
- Conservation Initiatives: The Elephant Camp is actively involved in local conservation efforts, and guests can learn about these initiatives and the importance of wildlife protection.
- Private Decks: Each suite comes with a private deck, providing a tranquil space to relax and take in the serene beauty of the surrounding wilderness.
- Wi-Fi and Connectivity: While the camp embraces a remote and natural atmosphere, it does offer Wi-Fi connectivity in designated areas for guests who wish to stay connected.
The Elephant Camp seamlessly combines eco-luxury with meaningful wildlife experiences, allowing guests to immerse themselves in the natural beauty of Victoria Falls while contributing to the conservation and well-being of elephants. It’s a destination that promises unforgettable moments and a deep connection with the African wilderness.
the price range for accommodations at The Elephant Camp in Victoria Falls, Zimbabwe, typically varied depending on the type of accommodation, time of year, and any special packages or offers. Here’s a general price range in U.S. dollars:
- Standard Tented Suite: Prices could range from approximately $500 to $700 per night per person.
- Luxury Suite: For the more luxurious options, you might expect prices ranging from $700 to $1,000 or more per night per person.
Keep in mind that these are approximate price ranges, and actual rates may vary based on factors such as the season, availability, and any specific packages or inclusions. It’s advisable to check the latest rates and availability directly with The Elephant Camp or their official website for the most up-to-date pricing information. Prices may have changed since my last update in September 2021.
Food menu/ Price
The Elephant Camp, Victoria Falls: Eco-Luxury and Elephant Encounters menu is not available online. However, based on reviews from guests, the food at the camp is excellent and includes a variety of international and local dishes. Some of the popular dishes include:
- Biltong (dried meat)
- Smoked ostrich
- Kudu tartar
- Grilled oryx fillet
- Seared zebra loin
- Roasted warthog
- Chocolate lava cake
- Apple crumble
Some of the prices of food and drinks at The Elephant Camp are as follows:
- Appetizers: $12-$18
- Main Courses: $30-$40
- Desserts: $10-$15
- Drinks: $5-$10
The price of food at The Elephant Camp is included in the overall rate of the stay. This rate starts at around $1,800 per person per night and includes all meals, drinks, activities, and park fees.
The Elephant Camp, located near Victoria Falls, offers a range of outdoor activities that harmonize eco-luxury with memorable elephant encounters. Here are some of the activities you can expect to enjoy at this remarkable lodge:
- Elephant Interaction: The Elephant Camp is known for its elephant conservation efforts. Guests can have up-close and personal interactions with these gentle giants, learning about their behavior, participating in feeding sessions, and even taking guided elephant walks.
- Guided Nature Walks: Explore the surrounding wilderness on guided nature walks led by experienced guides. Discover the flora and fauna of the area, observe birdlife, and learn about the conservation efforts in the region.
- Bird Watching: Victoria Falls is a birdwatcher’s paradise. The lodge provides opportunities for bird enthusiasts to spot a wide variety of bird species, from colorful kingfishers to majestic raptors.
- Game Drives: Embark on game drives in the Zambezi National Park, which is home to diverse wildlife, including elephants, buffalos, lions, and numerous antelope species. Sunset and nighttime game drives can offer a unique perspective on African wildlife.
- Scenic Picnics: Enjoy picturesque picnics in the bush or at scenic viewpoints, where you can savor gourmet meals while immersed in the natural beauty of the area.
- Victoria Falls Exploration: Visit the iconic Victoria Falls, one of the Seven Natural Wonders of the World. Experience the power of the falls up close, take guided tours of the rainforest, and witness the incredible spray and rainbows created by the cascading waters.
- Canoe Safaris: Explore the Zambezi River on guided canoe safaris. Paddle gently downstream while observing wildlife along the riverbanks and enjoying the tranquility of the river.
- Stargazing: The remote location of The Elephant Camp provides excellent stargazing opportunities. Guests can enjoy evenings under the African night sky, with knowledgeable guides pointing out constellations and celestial wonders.
- Village Visits: Gain insight into local culture by visiting nearby villages. Engage with the local communities, learn about their traditions, and experience the warm hospitality of the people of Zimbabwe.
The Elephant Camp seamlessly combines luxury and eco-consciousness, allowing guests to immerse themselves in the natural wonders of Victoria Falls while contributing to conservation efforts and fostering a deeper connection with the region’s wildlife and culture.
The Elephant Camp, situated near Victoria Falls in Zimbabwe, offers a unique blend of eco-luxury and elephant encounters in the heart of the African wilderness. While the camp primarily focuses on providing a tranquil and immersive nature experience, there are certain events and activities in the broader Victoria Falls area that guests may have the opportunity to enjoy:
1. Victoria Falls Carnival: Depending on the timing of their visit, guests may have the chance to attend the Victoria Falls Carnival, a vibrant event featuring live music, entertainment, and celebrations to welcome the New Year.
2. Cultural Experiences: While not festivals, guests can engage in cultural interactions with local communities, including visits to traditional villages and learning about the customs and traditions of the local people.
3. Private Celebrations: The Elephant Camp specializes in creating personalized and private celebrations for guests, whether it’s a romantic dinner, an anniversary, or another special occasion celebrated amidst the pristine wilderness.
4. Wildlife Encounters: The camp offers wildlife experiences, including close encounters with elephants, guided nature walks, and game drives, allowing guests to observe and learn about the region’s diverse flora and fauna.
5. Stargazing: The camp’s remote location provides excellent stargazing opportunities. Guests can enjoy private stargazing sessions or simply gaze at the starry African night sky from their luxurious accommodations.
While The Elephant Camp primarily serves as a serene and eco-luxury retreat with a focus on wildlife and nature experiences, guests can explore cultural, festive, and wildlife-related activities in the broader Victoria Falls region when they wish to add even more depth and variety to their African adventure.
The Elephant Camp, located near Victoria Falls, has exciting future developments in store that align with its commitment to eco-luxury and memorable elephant encounters. Here’s a glimpse of what the future may hold:
- Eco-Luxury Accommodations: Expect the camp to introduce more eco-friendly and luxurious accommodations that blend seamlessly with the natural surroundings while providing modern comforts.
- Sustainability Initiatives: The Elephant Camp will continue to prioritize sustainable practices, such as eco-friendly construction, responsible water and energy usage, and support for local conservation efforts.
- Wildlife Encounters: The camp will enhance its elephant encounters, offering guests unique and educational experiences that promote elephant conservation and welfare.
- Wellness and Spa: Anticipate enhancements to the wellness and spa facilities, providing guests with a tranquil oasis for relaxation and rejuvenation, often with stunning views of the Zambezi River.
- Culinary Experiences: Culinary offerings will be elevated, with a focus on showcasing local flavors and ingredients in gourmet dishes inspired by African and international cuisines.
- Community Engagement: The camp will continue to support local communities through partnerships and initiatives that benefit both guests and the people of the region, fostering a deeper connection between travelers and the local culture.
- Technology Integration: While preserving its natural charm, modern technology may be thoughtfully integrated for guest convenience, safety, and connectivity.
- Educational Programs: The camp may introduce educational programs that allow guests to gain a deeper understanding of elephants, wildlife conservation, and the importance of protecting Zimbabwe’s natural heritage.
The Elephant Camp, nestled near the iconic Victoria Falls, is a shining example of eco-luxury and unforgettable elephant encounters. Its future promises to further enhance this unique blend of sustainable luxury and immersive wildlife experiences, where guests can connect with nature in the heart of Africa.
With a steadfast commitment to conservation and responsible tourism, the camp continues to provide guests with a chance to interact with elephants, witness the awe-inspiring beauty of Victoria Falls, and contribute to the protection of the local environment.