Welcome to a world where turquoise lagoons meet island elegance, and where luxury blends seamlessly with the natural beauty of Mauritius.
The St. Regis Mauritius Resort is situated along the southwestern coast of Mauritius, specifically in the Le Morne region. This luxurious resort is known for its lagoon views and island elegance, offering guests a serene and picturesque setting.
Landmark: Le Morne Brabant:
One of the most prominent landmarks in the vicinity of the resort is Le Morne Brabant. This iconic mountain is a UNESCO World Heritage Site and is renowned for its historical significance. It was once a refuge for escaped slaves and is now a symbol of freedom and resistance. Guests at The St. Regis Mauritius Resort can enjoy breathtaking views of Le Morne Brabant from various vantage points around the resort.
The combination of the resort’s lagoon views and the majestic presence of Le Morne Brabant makes for a truly captivating and memorable setting, where island elegance meets the natural beauty and cultural heritage of Mauritius.
The St. Regis Mauritius Resort, located in Le Morne on the southwestern tip of Mauritius, is known for its lagoon views and island elegance. The resort’s history is closely tied to the legacy of the St. Regis brand and its commitment to providing luxurious and memorable experiences.
The St. Regis brand, renowned for its exceptional hospitality and timeless elegance, has a rich history dating back to 1904 when the first St. Regis hotel opened in New York City. Founded by John Jacob Astor IV, a prominent American businessman, the St. Regis quickly established itself as a symbol of opulence and impeccable service.
The St. Regis Mauritius Resort, while maintaining the brand’s legacy, brings a touch of this luxury to the shores of Mauritius. The resort, set against the backdrop of the stunning Le Morne Peninsula and the Indian Ocean, offers guests a serene and picturesque escape.
While the St. Regis Mauritius Resort may not have a specific founder tied to its creation, it continues to uphold the St. Regis tradition of delivering unparalleled luxury, personalized service, and a commitment to providing guests with a unique and unforgettable stay in an environment of island elegance and natural beauty.
The St. Regis Mauritius Resort, Le Morne, can vary significantly depending on the type of room or suite you choose, the time of year, and any special packages or promotions they may offer. However, as a general guideline, you can expect prices to start at approximately $400 to $800 per night for a standard room or suite.
Please note that these rates are subject to change, and it’s advisable to check the resort’s official website or contact them directly for the most up-to-date pricing and availability for your desired dates of stay. Prices may also fluctuate seasonally, with peak tourist seasons typically having higher rates than off-peak periods.
Here is a sample food menu and prices for The St. Regis Mauritius Resort, Le Morne:
- Scallops carpaccio with black truffle and citrus vinaigrette – $25
- Foie gras terrine with brioche toast and fig chutney – $30
- Oysters Rockefeller – $35
- Grilled lobster with lemon butter sauce and asparagus – $60
- Pan-seared duck breast with orange and brandy sauce and mashed potatoes – $55
- Roasted rack of lamb with rosemary jus and roasted vegetables – $65
- Chocolate lava cake with vanilla ice cream and chocolate sauce – $15
- Tiramisu with espresso-soaked ladyfingers and mascarpone cream – $15
- Apple crumble with vanilla ice cream and custard sauce – $15
- Appetizers: $20-$35
- Main Courses: $50-$70
- Desserts: $15
It is important to note that these are just sample prices and may vary depending on the season and availability.
The St. Regis Mauritius Resort offers a variety of dining options, including:
- The Boathouse: The Boathouse is the main dining room at The St. Regis Mauritius Resort. It offers a buffet breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
- Simply India: Simply India is an Indian restaurant that offers a variety of traditional Indian dishes.
- Le Manoir: Le Manoir is a fine-dining restaurant that offers a la carte dining.
- La Plage: La Plage is a beachfront restaurant that offers grilled meats and seafood.
The price of food at The St. Regis Mauritius Resort is not included in the overall rate of the stay. However, the resort does offer a variety of dining packages that can be purchased.
The St. Regis Mauritius Resort in Le Morne is celebrated for its lagoon views and island elegance, and its interior design is a testament to this luxury and beauty. Here are some key elements of the interior design:
1. Lagoon-Inspired Colors: The color palette takes inspiration from the surrounding lagoon and tropical landscape. You’ll find hues of turquoise, aqua, and seafoam green that reflect the clear waters of the Indian Ocean.
2. Natural Materials: The design incorporates natural materials like wood, stone, and rattan to create a harmonious connection with the island’s environment. These materials add warmth and texture to the spaces.
3. Open and Airy Spaces: The resort’s architecture often features open, airy spaces with high ceilings and large windows to maximize views of the lagoon and allow the gentle ocean breezes to flow through.
4. Elegant Furnishings: The furnishings are chosen for their elegant and timeless appeal. Think plush sofas, canopy beds, and comfortable seating arrangements that invite guests to relax and enjoy the surroundings.
5. Local Art and Artifacts: The interior design may include local artwork and artifacts that celebrate the rich culture and heritage of Mauritius. These pieces add character and a sense of place to the resort.
6. Balconies and Terraces: Many rooms and suites may have private balconies or terraces where guests can enjoy the lagoon views and the serenity of the island. These outdoor spaces are often furnished for relaxation and dining.
The St. Regis Mauritius Resort, located in the stunning Le Morne region, offers a range of outdoor activities that complement its lagoon views and island elegance. Here are some outdoor pursuits to enjoy during your stay:
- Water Sports: Take advantage of the crystal-clear lagoon waters with activities such as snorkeling, kayaking, paddleboarding, and windsurfing. The resort often provides equipment and guided lessons.
- Scuba Diving: Explore the vibrant underwater world of the Indian Ocean by going scuba diving. The Le Morne area offers excellent dive sites with diverse marine life and colorful coral reefs.
- Beach Days: The beautiful sandy beaches are perfect for leisurely strolls, sunbathing, or building sandcastles. Enjoy the gentle lapping of waves as you unwind by the shore.
- Golf: Golf enthusiasts can tee off at nearby golf courses, such as the Paradis Golf Club, offering scenic views and challenging fairways against the backdrop of Le Morne mountain.
- Hiking and Nature Trails: Le Morne Brabant, a UNESCO World Heritage site, offers fantastic hiking opportunities. Guided hikes allow you to explore the lush greenery and historical significance of the area.
- Kite Surfing: Le Morne is renowned as a top kitesurfing destination. Whether you’re a beginner or an experienced kite surfer, you can enjoy the thrilling winds and waves.
- Boat Trips: Arrange a boat trip to explore nearby islands, enjoy a sunset cruise, or even embark on a dolphin-watching excursion in the pristine waters.
- Tennis: If you’re a tennis enthusiast, the resort may offer tennis courts where you can enjoy a game or receive lessons from a tennis pro.
- Yoga and Wellness: Many resorts in the region offer outdoor yoga sessions in tranquil settings, allowing you to find your inner peace amidst the natural beauty.
- Island Exploration: Take time to explore the island’s cultural and natural attractions, including visits to local villages, botanical gardens, and historical sites.
The St. Regis Mauritius Resort combines the beauty of Le Morne’s lagoon views with a wide range of outdoor activities, ensuring that guests can tailor their stay to include as much adventure or relaxation as they desire. It’s a place where island elegance meets outdoor adventure, creating a memorable and rejuvenating experience.
The St. Regis Mauritius Resort, located in Le Morne, Mauritius, is known for its lagoon views and island elegance. While the resort primarily offers a tranquil and luxurious escape, there are various local events and festivals on the island of Mauritius that guests may have the opportunity to enjoy, depending on the timing of their visit. Some notable events and festivals on the island include:
- Cavadee: This Hindu festival involves colorful processions, rituals, and ceremonies dedicated to the deity Muruga. It typically takes place between January and February.
- Maha Shivaratri: Another Hindu festival, Maha Shivaratri celebrates Lord Shiva and involves fasting, prayers, and night-long vigils. It usually occurs in February or March.
- Chinese New Year: Mauritius has a significant Chinese population, and the Chinese New Year is celebrated with parades, dragon and lion dances, and cultural performances. The date varies according to the lunar calendar, usually in January or February.
- Diwali: Known as the Festival of Lights, Diwali is celebrated by the Hindu community with the lighting of lamps and fireworks. It typically falls in October or November.
- International Jazz Festival: This music festival features local and international jazz artists and takes place in various locations on the island. The dates can vary, so it’s worth checking the schedule.
- Regatta Events: Mauritius hosts various sailing regattas and boat races, which showcase the island’s maritime heritage. Dates can vary, so inquire locally about upcoming events.
- Food and Music Festivals: Throughout the year, Mauritius hosts a variety of food and music festivals that celebrate the island’s diverse culinary traditions and music genres.
While The St. Regis Mauritius Resort primarily offers a serene and luxurious escape with stunning lagoon views and island elegance, guests can explore and partake in the vibrant local culture and festivals of Mauritius during their stay, adding an enriching dimension to their island experience.
The St. Regis Mauritius Resort in Le Morne has exciting future developments in store, aimed at enhancing its reputation as a luxury resort with stunning lagoon views and island elegance. Here’s a glimpse of what the future may hold:
1. Enhanced Accommodations: Expect the resort to invest in renovated and refreshed guest rooms and suites, combining classic elegance with modern comforts to offer guests an even more luxurious retreat with breathtaking lagoon views.
2. Culinary Excellence: The St. Regis Mauritius Resort will introduce new dining concepts, featuring international and Mauritian flavors. Guests can anticipate gourmet dining experiences in stylish settings, often with panoramic views of the lagoon.
3. Wellness and Spa Retreat: Enhancements to the spa and wellness facilities will provide guests with a serene sanctuary for relaxation, rejuvenation, and holistic well-being, often complemented by views of the tranquil lagoon.
4. Sustainability Initiatives: The resort will continue its commitment to sustainability, with initiatives such as eco-friendly practices, responsible sourcing, and support for local conservation efforts in the beautiful surroundings of Le Morne.
5. Cultural Experiences: While celebrating island elegance, the resort may offer curated experiences that allow guests to explore the local culture, traditions, and art of Mauritius.
6. Waterfront Activities: The lagoon views will be maximized, with new water-based activities and amenities that allow guests to fully embrace the beauty and tranquility of the island’s coastline.
7. Event Spaces: The St. Regis Mauritius Resort may expand and enhance its event venues and services, making it an even more sought-after destination for weddings, conferences, and special occasions with lagoon vistas.
8. Personalized Services: The resort will continue to provide impeccable and personalized service, ensuring that guests’ preferences and needs are anticipated and catered to with the utmost care.
9. Technology Integration: Modern technology will be thoughtfully integrated to enhance guest experiences, from in-room amenities to digital concierge services.
10. Recreational Activities: New recreational activities and experiences may be introduced, allowing guests to further explore the natural beauty and outdoor adventures that Mauritius offers.
The St. Regis Mauritius Resort, gracefully situated in Le Morne, epitomizes lagoon views and island elegance. As it looks to the future, the resort is committed to enhancing its reputation as a luxurious retreat where the azure waters of the lagoon meet exquisite island sophistication.
With a continued focus on sustainability and a dedication to preserving the natural beauty of Mauritius, The St. Regis Mauritius Resort will offer guests even more opportunities to savor world-class cuisine, unwind in opulent accommodations, and immerse themselves in the island’s rich culture and traditions.